View Single Post

December 22nd, 2012, 18:11
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Enlighten us ol great one. Since many cultures and civilizations have always predicted the end times yet it has never come true. Seems there foresight didn't even save them.
I was just trying to be funny and pointing out that until very, very recently no one could actually read ancient Mayan. That's the last few pages pf the Dresden Codex which I think points out to some disaster but doesn't mention a date at the end of the long calendar but obviously I can't find an actual translation of it.

Here's an NPR report from David Stuart, the man who actually (finally) has translated Mayan and what he has to say about it [http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/…t-the-ancients.

Stuart was a child prodigy and received a genuis grant. I've read a few of the books by Michael Coe on the subject but you have to find them in the Social Science section not in history.

You are right Jemy, the Jews believed in a coming Messiah to lead them against the Roman empire and the resurrection of the dead. The rapture and the church was a new idea. I'm just being silly here, I'm not actually trying to connect them with any non-existent Mayan belief.

I showed this one other time and caught Alrik's interest. Did you ever get to the museum?

I think some people need to lighten up, This whole thing is just for fun.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I'm not sure what is this thread about. Didn't I post a month ago:

But okay, internet memory tends to last a week, max two, and shock news sell better than sex, so no surprise there.
Ah, ok - I made the same joke there (I'm not trying to shock anyone). I thought someone did start a thread but a search on Maya only brought something else from last year - or I didn't make the connection from the title. I guess I'm very tired from work.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch