View Single Post

December 22nd, 2012, 19:02
I have not played all that many "new" games this year (lack of money and ancient computer), but here is a list of some games that I think are worthy contenders to the top 10 spot:
Legend of Grimrock: An interesting take on a classic style of CRPG. Great puzzle design and fun enemies. And now that the modding community has got its hands on the editor, it looks like this will be a game with some lasting value

Crusader kings 2: A surprisingly easy to get into paradox title, with a whole lot of depth to it. The best part of it is the stories that the game creates as you play it.

Spec Ops: The Line: Gameplay was just average, but the way it used its average gameplay to get its point across was interesting. It also had some moments that made me feel really uncomfortable.

Avernum: Escape from the Pit I've heard some people say that this version of the game is worse than Avernum 1, but I really liked it (and I have not played Avernum 1). Good writing and great tactical gameplay.

Warlock: Master of the Arcane A great take on the old Master of Magic formula. Excellent when played with with friends.

Resonance Classic point & click adventure with puzzles that for the most part made sense and a story that was quite memorable.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch