View Single Post

December 23rd, 2012, 21:03
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Jemy - you may have tons of book smarts, and youre great at categorizations and classifications, but you have no common sense whatsoever.
Youre an idiot
People who understand insight and experience to be valuable but know their own limits are either humble about their shortcomings or create identity-protecting myths about the quality of education. The false dichotomy between knowledge and experience is a very common one that reveals a level of frustration. My tip is to not utter such in public as inferiority complexes are awkward to see in adults. You have made your choices and you can be confident in what you have accomplished. You do not need to diminish other fields, other expertises or other professions to feel better about yourself.

Further more, to claim to know "common sense" and call people "idiots" are clues that a person is incompetent and naive. Overconfidence is a good sign that a persons experience is rather limited. Competence breeds humbleness because the more you know the more you know you do not know.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM