View Single Post

December 24th, 2012, 10:23
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
I don't mind having to check the internet for various things in a game.
I do. You should not have to check the internet for anything. The game should explain itself. And I understand what they were trying to do with the "social" component, but I want a game to explain itself in single player mode, I don't want to rely on other people helping me out with in-game hints. I played the game offline. And if that's an option, it should be a working option.

Originally Posted by Steinawarjar View Post
You are meant to feel like a king when you beat that game! As in being proud of yourself.
That's ridiculous. Playing a game is nothing to be proud of. We are all losers for wasting our precious time playing games. You need to admit this to yourself. I am a gameplaying loser. On the other hand, go ahead and feel like a king. I don't mind the game giving you that kick. What I mind is that you don't want me to be able to enjoy the game in my own lazy way. I have said this before, and I will say it again: An easy mode does not prevent you from playing the hard mode. (No, really, it doesn't.)

Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
I'm going to state it bluntly: whoever claims that "Dark Souls is too hard/unfair" is just dumb or at least incapable to pay any attention to his playstyle.
If you say so. I'm just dumb then. It's my opininon that games should be exactly as hard or as easy as you want them to be. And dumb people should be able to play too.

Originally Posted by UnDeaD View Post
Dark Souls is a learning experience… If you take the learning away from a game that is all about that, you are left with nothing. That is what Dark Souls would be with an easy mode - nobody would learn without the need to.
Life is a learning experience. And it actually teaches you usefull stuff. I don't want to spend my gameplaying time learning how to play the game. And Dark souls is not nothing without it. I love the design and atmosphere of the game, and would happily play it for that alone. I hate "repeat until you get it right" gameplay.

Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Hmmm…I make no claim that it is "unfair"
Neither do I. At least not until the unbeatable boss, where you can't avoid dying and waking up in a cell. Many games play this type of trick on you, and I usually don't mind. But I felt that Dark Souls broke its own rules at that point, and that's when I gave up on the game. And I felt kind of stupid for not giving up earlier.

Mr Smiley

Watchdog