View Single Post

December 27th, 2012, 04:12
[QUOTE=Zloth;1061176984]Having assault weapons around is just flat out dumb. Self defense? Please. What are you expecting? A small army of attackers? Be honest with yourself. Getting an assault weapon has nothing to do with defense and everything to do with feeling powerful.
Your first sentence meant to be an argument? Was that your best foot forward to "feeling powerful" or superior? Ever seen any footage of the 92 LA riot? A small army of attackers is an understatement, and please don't use you lack of information as strangth. Defense and "feeling powerful" are complementary terms instead of mutually exclusive as you implied.

OK, I guess I should bother to take apart this idiot's video post:

1. No it is not more intimidating. All a gun can do is kill you and they can all do that. An assault rifle doesn't make me any more dead than any other gun. Why should I be more scared of it?
most the encounters would end when a supposed victims suddenly flashes a gun, criminals are not as dumb. If "an assault rifle doesn't make me any more dead than any other gun", why were they targeted for ban and banning them would "make it a lot smaller" as you claimed in 5. Are you imagining a law abiding gun owner would point an "assault rifle" at you for no reason? Here shows your paranioa, perhaps part of why you want to take guns away.

2. I suppose if you've got somebody coming after you with a pistol and you've got an assault rifle then you've got the upper hand (though I think by far the biggest advantage is going to go to whoever it is that sees the other first and recognizes him/her as a threat).
I could have ______ him first, it is useless speculate a hyperthestical situation? Did 2nd Admand said it can be infringe under some special circumstance? I would scratch this off.

3. The 2nd Ammendment was passed by MANY people. Saying it is there for one reason only is silly. Even if they did have one reason, who cares? The political situation and the technology has changed completely in the past couple hundred years. Not that the 2nd Ammendment is actually under threat, of course.
Couldn't they all share this reason, to restrain the power of centrol government? You don't think 76ers would have use AK47 if they had access to them? What part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" was not clear?

"A strong president, means having the strength to resist the temptation of taking all that power isn't yours" - Ron Paul

"If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions",- Government
Last edited by mudsling3; December 27th, 2012 at 06:33.

mudsling3

Sentinel