View Single Post

December 27th, 2012, 11:20
Originally Posted by killias2 View Post
I want to enjoy a game that's challenging. For Christ's sake, what's so wrong with that? What's so wrong with wanting a game where the focus is on creating a challenging experience?
There is nothing wrong with that. But in order to make the challenge at least somewhat equal for different players, you need difficulty settings. If a game is reasonably challenging for you, it will probably be too hard for me, because I suck.

This is a game built around a certain level of challenge. The lore, the music, the atmosphere, the respawn and saving mechanics, the quasi-multiplayer and online messages - they're all built around a challenging game.
I agree. And I don't want to change the core experience.

Again, if you want an easy Action RPG, there are -ample- options.
But I don't want an easy game. I want a good game.

Seriously, answer this simple question: should every game be designed for absolutely everyone? Or do you accept SOME specialization? SOME ability for designers to design a game for an audience?
Of course not. Games should be like books or movies. Different games for different tastes. But as far as difficulty is concerned, the simple answer is yes! Everybody should be able to pick up a single player game and get through it on their own terms.

Mr Smiley

Watchdog