View Single Post

December 27th, 2012, 13:30
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
It will be interesting to see what the Dark Souls people think is best for their franchise.

Either they are going to try to be more accessible to reach a broader audience like Skyrim, get more sales, more notoriety, more open sharing of ideas, etc. Or they are going to stay with their niche audience and just try to please those core gamers, and in essence isolate themselves from the broad audience they could have captured if only they had made some changes.

I for one, hope they become more accessible. An easy mode, a very easy mode, more tutorials, etc. Give the casual gamers a fun experience with your game as well.

I look at Skyrim. There are what, 4 or 5 difficulty modes? And Master is challenging, for those who want it, and Novice or whatever is easy for those who want that. It's not hurting anybody to have those options.
You know, i have never heard of this game until i read threads on various game forums about how tough it was. That is what made me want to play it. If i read about how accessible it was, i wouldn't have given it a second thought.

And as far as the multiple difficulty options, i think that's a cop out. Instead of focusing on difficulty mode, the devs should focus on enemy AI. Make the enemies smarter in battle. Don't just give them extra hit points, ect..but, give them various battle strategies. Modders can do this, i don't see why the devs can't.

DarNoor

Sentinel