View Single Post

December 27th, 2012, 15:04
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm going to keep my reply short as I'm using my phone for this…but yeah, to each his own. With the exception of Wrath of Khan, and perhaps The Final Frontier, the movies starring the cast from TOS were terrible. Especially by today's standards.
Well, I really like Search for Spock, The Voyage Home and especially The Undiscovered Country. Final Frontier, while having interesting ideas, is what I would call a terrible film.

As for the "standards of today" - you clearly have a much higher opinion of them than I do. I think the standard is much, much lower than those films I mentioned above.

As far as Abram's film not having anything to do with the show or characters- You do understand that was supposed to be an alternate universe, right?
Yeah, I know the pathetic plot mechanism to smooth over the transition and ignore canon. The problem is that the characters are the same and yet they're nothing like them - except for Bones which is the only acting highlight in the film. A smarter way would have been to go with a new cast - but then I suppose they couldn't profit from utilising the old names.

It was stupid and unnecessary, just like the film itself.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential