View Single Post

December 27th, 2012, 15:56
I was checking to see if any upcoming shows might be worth keeping an eye on, but it really doesn't seem like much new is coming out in the sci-fi genre. At least there doesn't seem to be much that is promising.

Zero Hour might end up being interesting, but its hard to tell what it will actually be about and how sci-fi it will end up being. Defiance will probably be awful since its a weird video-game advertising tie in series. It might surprise me, but syfy original series+video-game tie-in makes me wary.

Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
DS9 is an attempt at making Trek more plausible and "gritty" - and lots of people fell for it because it seemed easier to relate to. I just don't agree with people that it's better. I also happen to think the resolution of the story arc in the last few episodes was weak and underwhelming.
Yeah the Aurthurian stuff at the end was a bit odd. And alright I get what you're saying if you feel the lead characters deviate from the ideal men and women of Roddenberry's vision. I find flawed heroes more interesting, but I can see how that might not be what one thinks of as part of the proper Trek formula for main characters.

jhwisner

SasqWatch