View Single Post

December 27th, 2012, 19:26
Originally Posted by Gloo View Post
After reading all of those comments, I must confess something that really appalled me is the recurrence in your argumentation of the word "RACE". I thought it has been demonstrated, many years ago, that speaking about mankind in such terms is absurd and totally inappropriate. Seems there's still a long way to go and many of you should learn some basics about biology, genetics and such things.

JemyM> You seem to be fairly well educated and you made your point about coherent definitions so why don't you insist on this particular misconception, human races that is ? Every time I hear or read about such an idiocy, I feel insulted myself. We're not talking about livestock here so please gentlemen, watch your language and, by the way, stick to the subject of the thread
If I ever use the word "race", I use it as a reference to belief systems and the belief that races exist is an important foundation for racism. I know that there are no such thing as "human races" that fit the biological definition of what a "race" is. I believe in merit (but not meritocracy) and believe merit is best utilized in a nation that do not segregate on meaningless birth-traits (color, origin, gender etc) but distribute power so that those who have something to give (merit, skills, ideas) will be able to do so, with the chance to achieve their dreams as a reward.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM