Top 10 CRPGs of all time
View Single Post
December 27th, 2012, 21:41
Arise, ancient One, arise !
I decided to update my List; after all, it's not 1991 anymore
… and here it is:
1. Neverwinter Nights 2 (with Expansions, MotB has a great Story, SoZ great Mechanics)
2. Drakensang - River of Time (without the Expansion, wich is an atrocity; Coregame has great Atmosphere but lacking Gameplay)
3. World of Warcraft Classic (great Gameplay, decent Atmosphere - but only Classic, every AddOn was an epic decline.)
4. Realms of Arkania 2 - Startrail (well, back in the days, streamlining wasn't bad - now you could shoot arrows diagonally and you only had to assign camp-duties once and not everytime you need to rest
5. Baldur's Gate 2 (Expansion not necessary but convenient)
6. Baldur's Gate 1 (with Expansion - Durlag's Tower is one of the best Dungeons ever)
7. Dungeon Master (with Expansion for epic Challenges; the coregame had also perfect gameplay)
8. Temple of Elemental Evil (the ultimate Gameplay but disastrous Atmosphere and RP…)
9. Planescape Torment (still the best story ever - but let us not talk about the Gameplay)
10. Vampire - Bloodlines (ultimate Atmosphere, disastrous Gameplay… damn it, Troika O.o)
Dropped from my former List:
Fate - simply because I can't play it anymore and I doubt I have the patience for that ancient-school-gameplay anymore
Realms of Arkania 1 - still nice, but horrible clunky for todays standards.
Legend of Faerghail - only the amiga-version is graphicaly bearable and the gameplay hasn't aged well.
Neverwinter Nights 1 - only good with a bunch of equal nerdy friends… but alas, mine moved on
The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".
Join Date: Oct 2006
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Fenris
Find More Posts by Fenris