View Single Post

December 28th, 2012, 15:44
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
I'm 100% certain it would. It affects the whole experience in a much bigger way than, let's say, in Skyrim. The difficulty / balance is too vital for the experience, it's very easy to understand why there's isnt difficulty settings, but if you havent played it you wouldn't understand. If you did play it I'd like to hear how you would implement an "easy mode" without altering the experience too much. If you don't have an argument it's you who's "laughable"..

Same could be said for a game like Super Meatboy, it just wouldnt have scored very high with an easy mode, no doubt. Sometimes there's a reason why difficulty is left out, there's a lot more to it than what you might think. Perfecting the difficulty and combat in this game must have been some serious piece of work, an artform in itself i would say.
A simple stat change. You take less dmg or deal more, something along those lines. I see no reason to believe that multiple difficulty settings would hurt the game, only help it. Have Very easy to nightmare, and it would all be done via stat change. And its not relevant how much this alters the experience, those for many it would simply make the experience more like those of others with better reflexes,etc. For the disabled gamer it might make it playable yet still very hard. Or an easy mode might greatly change how the game feels to play, but that is not the point other people get different things and play games in different ways.

The cheatforum folks and other random people I have seen across the net, seem to indicate there is some(perhaps quite small) demand for an easy mode. That is a vague term as some want actual easy and some just want not quite so damn hard. But its is easier to type easy mode and then all the other stuff each time.

I am free because I choose to be so-me

Kefka

Watcher