View Single Post

December 29th, 2012, 01:44
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Odd to see someone listing the dialogue system in Morrowind as a negative. I liked it a lot more than the simplified system of the later titles. That's probably because I don't really care about voice acting in these types of games.
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'd rather have more dialogue options, not less. But that's just me.

It's also kind of hard to get lost in a fantasy world when you recognize the same 7 or 8 voices being used for 100 NPCs.
I do understand that, which is why I hope for the good stynth voice thing, so some day we can have as much dialog as Morrowind(which I am not even sure how much more it really had as so much was repeated, and so much was written like a book entry and not like how people actually speak, so the same thing said in writing could be naturally voice with much fewer words).

Also I know I used a mod for Oblivion that change the voices a little bit more(not a lot more, it was like adding 5 new voice actors, 3 new male and 2 females). This seem like something we have the technology for already to do on a wider scale, slightly altering every npc's voice in the game so there all different by altering pitch,tone,etc.

I am free because I choose to be so-me

Kefka

Watcher