View Single Post

December 29th, 2012, 02:35
Still playing Sacred 2, couch co-op with my dad. We're about 100 hours deep and each level 46. Currently exploring the Human realm, which is vast to say the least, but we have orders to go into the Orc realm and do some things there. I like to explore 100% of the area I'm currently questing in before moving on though, so it will be awhile before we get to the Orc realm.

Still, it's actually quite amazing to me how much content is hidden or secret in Sacred 2. It's like, you can follow the main quest and miss about 75% of the content in the game. I'm not kidding. It seems like around every corner there's either a cave, a small village or a house or 2, a random quest, some barrels to loot, etc. It's crazy. And the main quest didn't send you there. The game expects you to explore and find it all yourself.

Just today me and my dad found a random dragon lair in the middle of nowhere. We weren't even questing for it at the time, we just happened to come across this cave in the mountains. We went in and what do you know, a boss level Dragon is sitting in the middle of it. After nearly dying to it we killed it and got over 10,000 exp for it. And there were 2 huge chests with some high level loot tucked away in the corner of the roost.

It's just staggering how much of this optional side content is hidden in Sacred 2. It really rewards exploration. All you have to do is see the grey area on your map, go there, and there's no telling what you'll find. One small grey area on the map could turn into hours of adventure. It's nuts.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team