View Single Post

December 29th, 2012, 05:58
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
As if Oblivion, etc., are more realistic to how people actually speak?

But yeah, I hear what you're saying. It would be nice if every NPC could have his or her own voice. It still wouldn't make a big difference to me personally, but I know a lot of people place significant importance on voice acting.
A lot more realistic than Morrowind! I recall becoming interested in Voice acting for a bit and I did a little, I was in at least one mod by Finggerdy(?) and I did some prelim work for Morroblivion, and I was practicing some of the stuff and was amazed how awkward and bizarre is sounded, as if someone was reading a book and not actually speaking. So many more words where use than needed, very unnatural all around.

But either way in general people don't want to read people "speaking" they want to hear them speak because that is realistic, that is what people actually do. Text for major games is a thing of the past and I happy for that, games get better as time goes on(one of the reason you can't compare ratings directly with games more than a few years apart) and text was only used because the of technology limitations. Right now there are tec(or financial) limits that prevent unique voices for everyone in a games like Skyrim or Oblivion I hope in the future this will also be a thing of the past.

I am free because I choose to be so-me

Kefka

Watcher