View Single Post

December 29th, 2012, 16:13
No techies around? *sigh*

Okay, a sort of an update.

1. HDD owner said there is no reason to bother with data that was on the corrupted partition as he has a backup. The partition got formatted and is now working normally, but the question still remains - why is it impossible to turn RAW partition into NTFS while it was originally NTFS.

2. By digging deeper I've found out that it's not just 1030 model, but every single model of Intel Centrino wi fi device that's unreliable. It connects/disconnects randomly and doesn't work as it should. Because of that, till the driver gets fixed, I suggest not buying any machine with Intel Centrino wi fi device inside.
Why? Because you can't afford disconnects in MMOs, and when it comes to modern always online DRM, using a machine that won't connect out of no reason and need for restarting, disabling/enabling… Would be a plain torment.

And now imagine this, instead of blaming the retarded device for poor sales, Fujitsu president blames Win8:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1…pe-slumps.html
Hell the problem I had was on the brand new Fujitsu laptop with deliberately installed win7, not with win8! Others also report problems with Intel Centrino on win7 and not on win8. Where does Fujitsu president live?
I'm not saying win8 ain't a fail, but you simply can't blame Microsoft for your poorly chosen hardware in machines.

3. After some more work on the matter it turned out to be an overall hardware failure. Most probably the source of the problem is the mainboard, but since it's a pretty old machine, the owner decided to ditch it and will buy a new one. Of course, many are on sales this time of the year, so buying a new stuff solution was no brainer.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor