View Single Post

December 29th, 2012, 21:11
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
You should just speak for yourself. Pretending to know what the majority prefers isn't going to strengthen your argument. If voice acting ever evolves to the point where every character has a unique voice that's well done, then you can try to claim it's objectively better. Right now it's a mixed bag any way you look at it.
I like how you talk about objectivity and then you set demands for what would be required for something to be claimed as such - whether just an attempt or not

There's no way to establish what's objectively better - ever - and unique voices for every character certainly isn't any closer to that either. That's just something you - subjectively - think is highly important.

I do believe the majority prefers voice acting - but obviously it needs to be done reasonably well. Same goes for any text-based implementation.

I won't bother trying to prove it, though. If you really think there's a chance the majority prefers text-based games - then I won't get in the way.

But what the majority prefers has nothing to do with what's objectively better - so it's all very pointless.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential