View Single Post

December 30th, 2012, 01:06
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Really? So if it were possible for every NPC to have their own voice it wouldn't be better than having to hear the same voices being recycled?

That's about as subjective as the sky being blue, but you're free to believe whatever you like.
Of course good unique voices would be better, but we're talking about what would be required to be better than text-based dialogue delivery. I don't think all voices have to be unique for that - not at all.

You, however, seem to have it as a demand - and I'm just pointing out that that's subjective.

Of course you won't, because you know that's not possible. But then you're always the first to remind us that everything is subjective anyways.

I really couldn't care less what people "prefer" though. My original point was that voice acting hasn't necessarily made gaming better. It was Kefka who decided to introduce the "well the majority prefers" debate as if that somehow means it's better.
Objectively better? That can't be proven. But I agree with Kefka that spoken dialogue is a natural and positive evolution in gaming.

In fact, I think it's a bit silly to argue otherwise - but I don't expect that would stop someone like you

DArtagnan

Waste of potential