View Single Post

December 30th, 2012, 05:45
I bought daggerdale on release plus 2 copies for my sons for some co-op play. after about 2 hours they didn't want to play anymore. I fired it up again recently determined to finish it.

The main problem with the game is if you have played 1 hour you have seen 99% of what the game has to offer. 8 hrs in and im still running back and forth in the same caves ( the do change colors though mid way through, so there's something to look forward to.) fighting 95% goblins and a few other uninspiring monsters sprinkled in.

It's really too bad because the combat is kind of addicting but there are few quests, no exploration, no crafting, no duel wield, no….. well you get the point. You run through the caves and slash things until you get to the end of the game.

It's not the worst game I've ever played but i can't really say it's good either. If they would have just thrown in a bunch of monsters from the monster manuals I probably would have played the crap out of it. Addictive combat against all my monster manual favorite would have been enough for me, but as it is it's just too much of the same. So……….

I bought 3 copies of war in the north and me and my sons put over 30 hrs in. Didn't make to the end though. I think we will revisit it and finish though.

It's a very fun game in co-op or single player. It's not a deep Rpg it's good action combat with good character development. The story is decent and there are some NPC's that I really liked. (even if they weren't humans)

I would definitely recommend war in the north, it's heads and shoulders above Daggerdale. There really is no comparison and at $10 it's a steal imo.

sakichop

SasqWatch