View Single Post

December 30th, 2012, 21:17
My main issue with Game of Thrones is that I'm tired of A Song Of Ice And Fire as a whole. I was pretty much hooked until (major spoiler):

Spoiler

Anyway, I'll read book 6 when it comes, but other than that my interest level will remain low unless something spectacular happens.

Other than GoT, I also played the rather similar Of Orcs And Men, Diablo 3 and a few other new games, but nothing I was too impressed by. I mostly favor games that have a lot of RPG elements, so games like D3 and Dishonored don't actually stand much of a chance as GOTYs for me. I can't even remember the last time a non-RPG was GOTY, probably Warcraft 3 or Civilization 2 or some such thing. Transport Tycoon Deluxe back in 95 maybe?

Edit: I actually looked it up. Warcraft 3 was released in 2002, same year as Morrowind, so Morrowind is the clear winner. TTD was indeed released in 95, but the actual Transport Tycoon was released in 94, so I guess GOTY 95 was the original Command & Conquer for me. So it's 17 years ago. Not bad.

This is an interesting list by the way:
http://tothegame.com/gamebrowse.asp?…1&sortdir=desc

Fairly easy to spot the GOTYs. Most are pretty obvious.
Last edited by Maylander; December 30th, 2012 at 21:27.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander