View Single Post

January 3rd, 2013, 02:40
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I've played WoW since vanilla, and I'm still enjoying it, so I don't see what the fuss is about. I honestly think people who somehow resent it now, yet loved vanilla, have no idea what the actual differences are. When asked, it's usually some vague comment about how it's "so easy now" - as if WoW was ever hard. Taking down raid bosses takes as many attempts now as it did back then to anyone who was remotely serious about raiding. The only reason it took longer back then for quite a few people is because (too many) 40 man raids were infested with clueless players.
I've played since vanilla too. While I wouldn't say I'm resentful, but now certainly less of a fanboi than with vanilla, I can see the differences the difficulty level never being one of the complaints. Repetative & boring at times— absolutely, but that's the nature of the MMO regardless of setting.

Perhaps if I had the motivation to raid 3 nights a week as in the previous expansions I may feel differently, but I find doing so other than on the weekend is just not for me anymore. Finding raid groups (real raids, not LFR) is near impossible on the server I'm on. For me, raiding is the goal. But I understand many others may simply want to RP, or level at their own pace or whatever.

I guess if I had to choose another MMO it would be LotRO. I have returned to that one twice during WoW vacations. Trouble with that one now is to find groups as you level up— which ultimately led to my returning to my cruel WoW master.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel