View Single Post

January 5th, 2013, 12:21
Originally Posted by darkling View Post
And to the hilarious troll with the anti-steam avatar (seriously: LOL), would you prefer a list of the 15 AAA games coming out this year? A string of samey FPS's and TPS's that bring nothing new at all? I'm quite glad that the indie world looks like the Amiga during its heydey on its surface. Tons of interesting ideas, creative gameplay concepts and a plethora of unique art styles.

I ain't a troll, bugger - so leave it be.

1994 Amiga heyday? Serious, how old are you? I tend to play CRPGs since 1985 and consider myself an experienced gamer and watcher of the market. I have been there and witnessed the demise of the 8- and 16-bit era from within. It was painful and nothing of it was interesting. One of the reasons for the rise of PC gaming after Wolfenstein3D was that the DOS games were a lot more intresting than the low-budet "creative" concepts on the home computers.

If the Indie scene wants to be the "new shit" then it has to change its direction entirely:
- get independant of STEAM
- find a retail system (get together and build up sth like GAMECOCK)
- find appealing concepts (and yes there some - Faery comes to mind)
- lose the artsy for being artsy attitude - noone likes it

@rune
Why do they look generic? Care to explain?

blackcanopus:
Steam is out of question. It's not convenient, it's not easy to use, it's not simple and fast. It's terrible.
"Where STEAM fails, the PHOENIX rises"

Sir_Brennus

Planeswalker