View Single Post

January 7th, 2013, 18:27
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
So then, as long as we all agree that the problem of guns is completely unique and any logic applied to that problem is completely inappropriate to any other similar problem, then all is good. You're really OK with a structure built on that sort of flim-flam?
Let's try this again. In English - as I don't know what other language to use, really.

Gun control is not IDENTICAL to the other issues you mention. That doesn't mean they can't have similarities. Problem is that you tried to make them IDENTICAL and you failed utterly. Very much like your penis example a few weeks ago.

That said, your car example was pretty similar in key ways - which is exactly why I'm a strong supporter of doing away with cars - if we can make our lives work without them, and I know we can.

If you want to know what I think is appropriate, then we have to go through things on a case by case basis. I can't pre-define everything for you.

There's only one way to truly deal with obesity and that's take the food out of people's hands. So, while your storm troopers are taking all the guns, they can check the cabinets for potato chips. Shit, I thought my draconian benevolent dictatorship was a grey world— you, sir, are downright grim.
There are many ways to deal with most issues. As for obesity - I'd like to save that for a separate thread. Trust me, though, I have several thoughts on the matter.

With guns - there are many aspects to the problem, and one of them is accessibility - and it happens to be one aspect we can change in the short term. That doesn't mean we should ignore all other aspects or, indeed, all other problems. I'm not sure why any rational mind would suggest that.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential