View Single Post

Default Any thoughts on Lord of the Rings, War in the North

January 8th, 2013, 20:43
Played a few more hours today. Fun game.

Thought we hit the end early though when we couldn't get past
Spoiler
. We played that boss fight at least 20 times before beating it. Very tough. I thought we were done for. Somehow we got lucky and beat him. It took some crazy strategy of my dad rolling around the battlefield while I tried to single out the boss and do the damage, lol.

The game difficulty on the whole is pretty tough, but I do have to say, it is paced pretty well. Every time I feel like we won't survive the next wave of enemies, a strategically placed store is there to reload us. It's nicely done.

Some of the enemies are ridiculously tough. I'm duel wielding and it seems I have to hit undead 20 times before they die. Or shoot 20 arrows through their skull. Kinda weird, but still fun.

Co-op is a blast. It takes awhile to orient yourself with the split-screen, and the field of vision is very narrow, but once you get used to it it's not too bad.

For $20 I feel it was a great pick-up. I would have paid full price for this game probably, I feel it is worth it, but we'll see more as it goes on. So far it's great.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team