View Single Post

January 8th, 2013, 22:57
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Devs. Not fans. I'm sick already of shuting me up every time with fans and fan mods - I don't care for fan mods, I payed the money to devs and not fans.
I can understand being frustrated with the dev's not fixing bugs, but turning your back on the excellent work done by the community only hurts your experience with the games and doesn't affect the devs in anyway. The unofficial patches are the first mods I install.

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
And your, I suppose, Skyrim, is bug-free since the day 1. Mine, however, was not. And still isn't. There I had and I still have. Unlike both FO3 and FO:NV where devs after the gamerelease warmed their chair and did the bloody bugweeding job.
I know this wasn't directed towards me but I must say I haven't had any crashes with skyrim or noticed any major bugs. Had some flickering and texture stuff here and there but can't think of anything major. I have hosed it a few times messing with the ini. file but that's on me.

I am overly vigilant in maintaining my system though and don't typically run in to many of the problems that others report. I'm not saying you don't keep a clean system and would assume that you do since your posting here and seem knowledgeable about that stuff, just that i'm very anal about it.

I had a guy at work about 6 mo. ago tell me how buggy skyrim was crashed all the time.

I asked him what kind of system he had and he said a dell. Ok, I said but whats in it? Processor, memory video card. I don't know he said, intel I think. Do you have the latest drivers? What are those. Do you know if it meets the minimum requirements? The guy at best buy said it would play 3d games. At this point I recommended the xbox version and dropped it.

Too many people don't know how to properly maintain their systems or what's in them. Ask around, I have and far to often people have no clue. They download all kinds of crap, install and uninstall all kinds of stuff, have no idea what drivers are, etc. etc. Then when a game doesn't work or their pc keeps crashing they blame game developers and pc manufactures.

They treat their pc like any other electronics they have, they buy it then just use it, but pc's are more like cars you need to pay attention to what you put in it, operate it responsibly, perform regular maintenance and give it a good cleaning every now and then.

As, I said earlier i'm sure you keep your system in order and know what drivers are but game developers have to wade through the countless numbers of bogus complaints by people like the guy I've mentioned to get to the real bugs. I won't give them a total pass but I can appreciate that that must be a very difficult tasks to tackle.

sakichop

SasqWatch