View Single Post

January 9th, 2013, 02:23
Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
That's pretty strange stuff Fnord, I never had any of that in over 50 hours of play time. Maybe its the version you are playing. I have the Steam US version and I never was spawned into different areas. Maybe it needs a patch.
As for the instant voice, it didn't bother me as most people didn't seem to have a microphone. This is a feature that I am seeing more and more. Dead Island has it and after playing it over 60 hrs during the holidays I can say it works flawlessly.
I use Mumble for just about everything else but like I said, just didn't have a problem except my brother-in-law did lots of complaining about me munching on peanuts.
Played it through Steam, so it should have had the latest patch. And this was 3 days ago, so I would imagine that no other patches have been released since.
And when using voice-com in games, I want to be able to have control over what people hear. When the telephone rings, I take a bite out of something or sip my tea, I don't want the whole world to know (and I don't want to hear that from other people either, in particular not strangers, but in this case I just played the game with a real world friend). Also, as it only activates when you speak loud enough, sometimes the voice would cut mid sentence or the person would only hear the second part of what the person said.

The game got me in a bad mood. It was such a shoddy product filled with problems that should not be there (how hard can it be to let people turn off voice com!?). Combined with the lackluster combat and technical issues we experienced, i can't recommend it to anyone.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch