View Single Post

January 9th, 2013, 21:40
Originally Posted by Branq View Post
Hey guys, long time lurker here.

Is there anyone who wouldnt mind sparing me some time to explain some things about the D&D rules to me? I am an experienced mmorpger (DaoC and WoW) but all that experience means nothing in DDO it seems.

I didn't want to barge in here as a stranger, derail and ask for help, but most people I've met in-game are pretty elitist and no one responds to me in /advice.

Of course I will take it to PM's or perhaps skype with the RPGWATCHER willing to help.

Thanks in advance!

BBQ
Welcome and Hi.

The DDO ruleset is (loosely) based on the 3.5 Edition of Dungeons and Dragons. This was released as OGL content, so you can actually bone up on the core rules by going to www.d20srd.org.

DDO itself has diverged from that quite a bit, but it's still a good read.

Most of the major differences are behind the scenes, but some of the major ones center around changing to-hit rolls, TWF off hand attacks, AC, and some other things from a roll D20 vs target system to a % based system. Some races are a bit different, mostly Pay-to-play ones. Monk, a pay-to-play class, is also considerably different from it's PnP incarnation.

The thing about DDO, and D&D, is that you can make a wide variety of builds, many completely unplayable, if you're not careful. To that end, I'd highly suggest getting the DDO character planner http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/. Very useful. Another useful link is the http://ddowiki.com/. Warning, spoilers galore.

If you're on the Khyber server, you can hop in the guild, and we can help you in game. Depending on level we may even have someone in your level range. Someone is usually starting a new alt or reincarnating an old one. List your characters here, so one of the officers can add you.

Now, what is it exactly you're having trouble with?

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck