View Single Post

Default why anyone wants an "assault rifle"

January 14th, 2013, 13:03
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
But you're more than happy to simplify the problem to being the easy access of guns. Is the problem poverty, or guns? If it's guns, then why didn't the ban solve anything, as y'all claim it will? If it's poverty, then why are you going after the guns? And before you tell me it's both and that it's just so damn complicated, then why are you only up in arms about one aspect and only attempting to deal with one aspect? Y'all make the problem sound pretty simple when you're trying to grab the guns.
A society that apply social sciences to reduce bad statistics tend to do both. It's possible that a great rise in taxes to pay strong social programs would allow for a great reduction in firearm murders but I have yet to see someone who are pro-firearms voicing a such solution.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM