View Single Post

January 14th, 2013, 14:10
Originally Posted by CraigCWB View Post
Really? 10 games a week? And how many hours each? 4 x 10 is a 40 hour work week, right? What do you base that on? And even if it's true, whose fault is that? Would we accept a literary reviewer who did nothing but skim novels, because he/she was too busy to read them carefully?
10 was a random number, could be less or more. I based it on my current 6 games per week "schedule" (self imposed) and I'm not a game reviewer. Also, his work week is probably more about writing preview/review/blogs, reviewing others work (Brad and Vinny are editors) and doing meetings. I suspect most of the gaming happen on his off-work hours.

Originally Posted by CraigCWB View Post
And PS, Azarhal, isn't it valid to expect industry pundits to know at least as much about the games they are pontificating about as the average consumer does?
Go try to keep up with playing over 4 games in a single week while spending 2-3 hours in each. With my 6 games, I have trouble remembering the keyboard layout for each and the rules. It's too memory intensive. I don't expect superhuman abilities out from people personally.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor