View Single Post

January 15th, 2013, 22:37
OK, and for the grande finale…

SO, you're saying that the key is to get X from -2 to 10. I'm fine with that. Then why the hell are you so certain that gun control, which is not included in X, has any effect? You've stated that X is the dominant factor. Based on the data, I agree with you. If that's the case, then the value of the "setting" of the gun control switch is somewhere between minimal impact and noise. So, you're going to piss all over the Constitution and limit freedoms for something between minimal impact and noise. And, based on the most applicable data, the minimal impact is in fact NEGATIVE. Well done.

Further, for someone so excited about outside factors, I'm absolutely amazed at how quickly you'll gloss over cultural differences between Western Europe and America. Well, perhaps "amazed" is a poor choice, because I'm not at all surprised that you'd be quick to gloss over uncomfortable holes in your so-called argument. If you've got a complicated problem, you minimize the variables. Perhaps you might actually pay attention to what happened in ILLINOIS, USA, NORTH AMERICA, rather than what happened in Utaya (oh, sorry, bad example). But that would entail actual examination of the foregone conclusion, which clearly isn't part of the program.

It boils down to your exact words:
"…even though gun control is a positive element [ed: unsupported assumption, but we'll let that slide], the negative x'es are too strong to make the gun control felt."

Response? More gun control! C'mon. That sort of foolishness is supposed to end with "4. Profit!" Do y'all really consider this shit, or are you just so cocksure that you think anyone that might notice the utter idiocy can be cast off with a "You couldn't understand, little child." and hope nobody notices?

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer