View Single Post

January 15th, 2013, 23:49
I actually don't mind in game romance as long as they are done subtle enough - for me BG2 romance was a pleasant surprise. I was hating Anomen's as$ until this subtle hint of "hey, I'm actually attracted to you" then slowly building up to real in-game commitment. What I hate about romance nowadays is typical Anders romance from DA2. It's screaming "HEY I'M A ROMANCE OPTION AND I WANT US TO MAKE SWEET LOVE NOW NOW NOW". That was a real turn off. And I also don't like how they try to make everyone satisfied by making Anders into gay depending on player's gender. Feels really forced.

I admit I'm more interested in Cullen romance myself - not that I will be crying over it if it doesn't happen (hell, I'm not even sure if I will even get DA3). I think Bioware is lost on what fans really want. In my opinion a lot of girls are drooling over Cullen because DA1 indicates that he *could* have been a romance option. Subtlety is the key here, Bioware, don't force it on us. In game romance should be something that is available only if player wants to pursue it.

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess