View Single Post

January 16th, 2013, 15:28
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Indeed, why can't we be civilized? We could plummet the globe into two world wars. We could do a little modern day genocide. Twice. We could run our country to fiscal ruin (see, we're trying to follow your footsteps) and then burn the country to the ground when the bills finally came due. We could regulate cucumber bow. We could basically outsource our defense to another nation, and then complain about it constantly. We could pontificate about redneck racists while treating our own (the Roma, in case you weren't sure) even worse. Do I need to continue, oh wise ones?

Indeed.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say - but the difference between myself and the people who take pride in their nation, is that I don't take pride in my nation.

I recognise that we're all human and subject to a whole lot of nasty shit, and if my nation had been the most powerful in the world - it would be just as corrupt and pathetically distasteful as yours is. It's the nature of power and human beings when mixed.

So, how about being a bit of a grown-up and stop being proud of corruption, greed and incompetence?

DArtagnan

Waste of potential