View Single Post

January 19th, 2013, 07:18
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
If (hopefully not when), armed rebellion against the continued government intrusion into our lives come, I'd rather not be the guy that is unarmed.
Every extremist group have the notion that it is time to prepare and defend against whatever foe that is about to invade. Muslim extremists boost this notion against the great Satan (USA, and Jihad means "defense" or "defending Islam"), radical feminists boost this notion against the Patriarchy (the Swedish extremists during the 90'ies lived in continued fear for patriarchal satanists, gathering in small collectives that moved frequently because of fear of a "strike"), the racists do this regarding the immigrant rapist/criminal/whatever (while gathering and sharing links of media articles that "prove" that Arabs, Africans etc are up to no good), the same notions against the soviet union or Russia, China, Iran. These subcultures of fear share their fears among each-other, confirming each-others fear.

This is conspiracy theory. This is delusional. And it's often those who pass on this fear who are the more likely to take control, as have been in each case. It's groups like the Taliban who control and oppress people, forcing them under their ranks, shooting girls in the head. The radical feminist groups gathered people who ended up matriarchs over radical feminist cells and took control over their flock. Racism is built on oppression and often try to legitimate what they do and a nation in the fear of another nation will always meet a massive reduction in liberties for safety concerns.

And it's often same case with the liberty-seekers in the states. Every tyrant who has lived has believed in freedom for themselves. But I am not saying those who seek liberty are evil, they simply do not understand or grasp the necessity of authority to protect those who for various reasons cannot protect themselves. The elders, the young, the sick or just those who are busy living their lives.

These people, seeking liberty when they got a great lot, either do so because of a lack of moral capacity or because they wish to be authority over another.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM