View Single Post

January 21st, 2013, 00:13
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
This is utter BS. The game was not "in fact" designed as an MMO. The ONLY reason the MMO thing gets tossed around is because people confused Reckoning with the Amalur MMO that 38 Studios was also working on. Some bogus news story came out saying Reckoning was previously an MMO-turned-single player game and that was quickly debunked by the developers, however, the gamers who read that story never read the debunking by the devs so the MMO label stuck with Reckoning.

Now you read all this garbage about how the game "feels like an MMO" because ignorant people have it stuck in their heads that Reckoning was once designed as an MMO. Not to pick on you or anything Couchpotato but I'm just sick of seeing the MMO nonsense whenever Reckoning is brought up.
No offense taken.

I'm not basing mine on a news story but by playing the game. That's my opinion not fact. I know you love the game so your opinion differs. Not Everyone will agree or love/hate things you do.

To me the whole game world and questing system feels and plays like an MMO. Compare World Of Warcraft to it and it is on par with everything in the game. Though if you compare it to Morrowind you can see the influence on the game also.

I never said it was garbage or not worth your money just tamper your expectations to play it.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Last edited by Couchpotato; January 21st, 2013 at 01:19.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team