View Single Post

January 21st, 2013, 14:58
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Typically, when consuming something like a game - your initial and immediate reactions are rarely wholesome or trustworthy in terms of your overall opinion. It takes time to adjust and "get" the whole picture.
I agree to some extent that your first reactions can change as you progress through a game, but I'm doubtful that Chris will be attempting to achieve this "whole picture" that you mention or necessarily feel the need to respond in any way that appears objective. After all, this is simply a let's play document of his adventures, the style and format of which I'm sure he'll decide on his own basis.
In short, it's a fun little exercise which will provide entertainment to the fans.

Another point I failed to mention is the notion of creating "closer" ties to your fanbase; of which I think this is a unique example of.
I'd expect the whole thing to be tainted.
Well, let's just say I don't quite share this kind of negative bias. I'm sure MCA will enjoy himself playing Arcanum just fine and respond as only he can. Take from it what you will as a free agent observer.

As you say though, it'll be interesting to see if the experience somehow informs his Project Eternity considerations from a developer viewpoint.
So, thanks for taking the time to answer
A pleasure, sir.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards