View Single Post

January 23rd, 2013, 16:11
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
3-way PvP is a big deal if you're into mass PvP - which I tend not to be. Usually, it's nothing but a zerg fest where individual skill is all but irrelevant or just goes unnoticed. Well, except for the ability to lead a group and the ability to follow orders - the latter being about anything but skill.

The reason 3-way PvP is a big deal is that it's helpful for population balance - as two factions almost invariably end up being imbalanced.

That said, I think 3-way PvP increases the chaos factor and often it's more or less random who wins in a 3-way setup.

Conclusively, I think it's an overrated feature - but it's definitely what that video is all about.
Heh, if I can't even figure it out in a video, I can only imagine how confusing it must be in game.
Of course I haven't ever really played an MMORPG, so I don't really know anything about how stuff like that play out.
However if all that climbing/grappling in the video has an actual basis in gameplay it makes me hopeful that climbing may also return to the single player series, and that is definitely on my wishlist.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire