View Single Post

January 23rd, 2013, 21:45
I smoked for 12 or 13 years. From age 15 to probably 20 I smoked at least 2 packs a day. Although I get a twinge of an urge every now and again, (almost always when consuming alcohol) I am glad I left the habit behind. I do occasionally partake of a cigar, especially if the opportunity to enjoy it along with some good spirits arises. Cigar smoke is generally less bothersome (or so people tell me), and of course, I don't inhale.

Observations & Thoughts:

Smokers can neither smell themselves, nor other smokers. They have no idea it smells that bad. This was a big shock to me when I finally gave it up. "Why didn't you tell me I smelled that bad!?!?"

When you quit smoking you gain weight. When you start again you don't lose the weight. And when you quit again, you gain the weight again. Ask me how I know.

Why do Irish folk songs always mention how sweet smelling & pleasant tobacco is? Is what we have today so far removed from just a few hundred years ago? And if we could get back to this mysterious "good tobacco" would it be more socially acceptable?

Either way, smoking is a terrible habit. But it is also more addictive than crack cocaine. Years later I can still remember how wonderful a cigarette could be

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch