View Single Post

January 24th, 2013, 13:17
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
BTW have you played a game called outcast? ( http://www.gog.com/gamecard/outcast ) Imo one of the best use of vivid and lush colour palette. Everything in that game feels organic and like from an other world Graphics look a bit dated now, but imo the game feels gorgeus still in it's own way.

Judge for yourself: http://dakkster.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/364.jpg
Outcast is still on my "have to play" list.

Right now I'm happily playing SWTOR, which basically has the colour palette I like, too.

Originally Posted by Roq View Post
Drakensang is on my list. I also notice they made a sequel, but don't see it available anywhere, the original is on Steam. I played some of the realms of Arkania games in days of yore.
That's because the distribution of Drakensang 2 was quite [zensored].

Currently Drakensang 2 : The River Of Time is in Steam's "Greenlight" process.

It is imho superior in nearly every aspect to the first Drakensang game.

Drakensang Online, by the way, only has brand name + assets, but no TDE license.
It is owned by Bigpoint, an online games firm/company.
They bought the developers (Radon Labs") of both Drakensang games when they went into insolvency.
Bernd Beyreuther, the chief of Radon Labs, once said to me that too few people bought Drakensang 2. And considering how bad the international distribution of it was, I'm sure he was right. Radon Labs NEEDED good international saled for the firm's survival - but because the international distribution was not really working, they never got what they needed (in terms of money).
So they went into insolvency, Bigpoint bought them, the rest is history.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR