View Single Post

January 24th, 2013, 18:49
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm in Episode 3 now of The Walking Dead, and I can see why this game has received so much attention. I've never had to make so many difficult choices in a game. Everything you do has consequences, and the story and characters are top notch.
The third episode was probably my favourite.

Looking through the forum Im quite surprised theres rather low amount of posts about the game because
a) its a good slice of virtual entertainment
b) the accent on and the nature of decision making pushes it towards RPG-y territory, at least in feel

To elaborate a bit on b), in this game the puzzles take a major backseat and serve mostly as means to provide some breathing room to plot progression (in this case Id say difficult or more elaborate puzzles would likely be detrimental to the intended experience) and QTEs + few crappy "action" sequences are really just atmosphere/intensity enhancers (in the last chapter few QTEs are used in really cool ways btw), its defining the pc and how he can affect the other characters via choices what TWDs gameplay is mostly about.
Basically, it may be sold as an adventure horror game, but its most prominent gameplay feature feels like something taken from a narrative-heavy RPG .
And it works, since the writing in this game is usually really good (the last two chapters are imo less consistent in this regard; the ending is great though).

DeepO

deep outside