View Single Post

January 24th, 2013, 19:00
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I just completed Wheel of time 14: A Memory of Light. I won't spoil anything, but it's definitely one of those "hard to put down" books. I ended up reading 900 pages in 3 days, which is something I normally never do.

Now I feel somewhat.. empty. It's actually over, after all these years. I'll probably need a few days to wrap my head around that fact.
I just logged in to post almost the exact same thing. This is an amazing book; much better than the previous two. The only issues I had was the clunky and awkward language he used. Sanderson switches back and forth between the passive passed participle (leaped instead of leapt - RJ always used the former) and the ridiculous use of the politically correct "humankind". I was pleased when I found a "mankind" that his copy and paste missed.

But it is an amazing book. It wraps almost everything up - everything that was important - and we understood the characters motivations a lot better than from wherever else I read about them. There were a lot of surprises and revelations too, and not just on who killed Asmodeon.

I think I had more invested in this than most people. A built a NWN server based on this series, as many people already know, and I immersed myself in this lore for the better part of 6 years. This really is the last piece of the puzzle.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch