View Single Post

Default Wheel of Time discussion thread

January 24th, 2013, 20:47
IMO it was just an attempt for RJ to drag out the series. Remember, he intended to finish it in 6 books. In fact, he was never going to write the other prequels after it came out due to fan reaction.

I remember once hearing that no one's favourite book in a series is number 17.

IMO it was just an attempt for RJ to drag out the series. Remember, he intended to finish it in 6 books. In fact, he was never going to write the other prequels after it came out due to fan reaction.

I remember once hearing that no one's favourite book in a series is number 17.

a question now is will a new video game be made? red eagles attempt to kickstart RTS game for mobile was a failure and thought to Gamebanshee to be the death of the one hinted at that Obsidian was producing. Red Eagle heard the ire of RJ just before he died for not paying their workings so I don't think his wife, Hilary, would approve if she had a say in it. Red Eagle may have the license locked up ala THQ and South Park.

What they don't have is the TV/Movie rights. Someone else owns that option. I would think after the success of Game of Thrones someone must be taking this very seriously. Maybe they could condense.

Finally, there may be one more book on the way - a proper encyclopedia - a sort of sequel to The Guide. RJ planned it and Hilary had mentioned before that there was no plans to shelve the project.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch