View Single Post

January 25th, 2013, 09:14
I would definitely recommend to give it a try. Obviously you should only play it with the community patch applied (it's at version 1.5 now, I believe). I recommend using the alterantive AI and balancing options.
If you liked the other Gothics you should still find plenty to like in G3. It is of course more open-ended, and far larger, so the the tight main story and intricate chokepoint oriented landscape design of the first two titles are missing. But you gain an incredibly large and varied terrain to explore with lots of interesting stuff to find, and more freedom to just go exploring than in the other titles. If you also like open world titles like TES or Two Worlds 2, you should feel right at home.
There is also a community quest pack that you can consider if you would like additional content (I didn't use it, thought the content in the original is adequate).

You do need a decent rig though, all patching couldn't quite fix the unoptimized engine - but a current gaming rig with a fast HD shouldn't have any issues.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire