View Single Post

January 26th, 2013, 11:17
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
The third episode was probably my favourite.

Looking through the forum Im quite surprised theres rather low amount of posts about the game because
a) its a good slice of virtual entertainment
b) the accent on and the nature of decision making pushes it towards RPG-y territory, at least in feel

To elaborate a bit on b), in this game the puzzles take a major backseat and serve mostly as means to provide some breathing room to plot progression (in this case Id say difficult or more elaborate puzzles would likely be detrimental to the intended experience) and QTEs + few crappy "action" sequences are really just atmosphere/intensity enhancers (in the last chapter few QTEs are used in really cool ways btw), its defining the pc and how he can affect the other characters via choices what TWDs gameplay is mostly about.
Basically, it may be sold as an adventure horror game, but its most prominent gameplay feature feels like something taken from a narrative-heavy RPG .
And it works, since the writing in this game is usually really good (the last two chapters are imo less consistent in this regard; the ending is great though).

I just finished it. I agree the ending is great, and I loved the ambiguity of the the final scene.
I think the 2nd episode was my favorite, but they were all good.

Overall, it was a fantastic experience. Anyone who's a fan of the series and hasn't played it yet must do so. The inevitable sequel is a definite purchase for me.

JDR13

SasqWatch