View Single Post

January 26th, 2013, 17:07
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
Thanks for this little prompt because at first I was sure that I had, but after a little bit of extra vertical exploration, realised I'd missed some hidden chests. One contained a morning-star,
Haha, that was actually a coincidence.
And it even fits with the extra vertical exploration .
What I had in mind concerns
Spoiler

wonderfully grim
Itīs probably even grimmer when one
Spoiler

the game does have a knack for throwing up some nicely obscure details.
Indeed. Sometimes itīs not even details, like in the case of the whole "DLC" .

Also,
Mission accomplished.

(somehow Iīve missed the post previously)

Easily my most intense boss-fight thus far. Interesting to see what else the game has in store…as progress implies the difficulty will yet rise even further?
I wouldnīt say the difficulty rises even further, but some encounters may fall roughly into the same ballpark as O&S. To some degree it certainly depends on build and/or how one is used to play.
For example, on my first playthrough I had a lot of problems getting to that chest behind O&S, but somehow I defeated the DLCīs final boss on my first try.
On second playthrough I had quite major problems with DLCīs final boss, even though I wrecked O&S on first try (and in hollow form).
Speaking of DLC, itīs excellent when it comes to bosses.
3 of my 6 Dark Soulsī favourite bosses dwell in there (and all 3 are pretty intense) .
My 3 "vanilla" favs, btw, are
Spoiler

And when it comes to traversing areas, Iīd say that after Anor Londo the difficulty does not go any further either, though the game remains fairly steady at keeping players on their toes.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside