View Single Post

January 26th, 2013, 19:49
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
We had, and still have, a problem with getting people to upgrade to Win7 from XP. Too many people are convinced that XP is just fine fine for what they do but not only is it out of date, such as requiring a floppy driver for 3rd party drivers at installation (hint: RAID) its full of security holes that have been taken care of.
Businesses using industry-based applications are particularly slow to change. Incompatabilities are a near gaurantee when changing from one O/S to another, even in the same O/S family. I've been through it myself many times. Oh your MRP system was designed for Windows 98 it will work just fine with Windows 98 SE. Bzzzzt no.

Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
Anyone here still on XP?
As a consumer, I'd find it a little odd to be sticking with WinXp at this point given that Win7 really is a superior O/S. Lately however, I've been tossing around the idea of creating a WinXp partition so that I can get DS to work so I can play the ultima mod remakes. I've just never been able to get DS1 to work on Win7 64Bit despite putting in a lot of time and effort - I've tried every remedy on the net to no avail. So an XP partition might be the ticket…

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch