View Single Post

January 26th, 2013, 20:21
You make a great point about the way one plays and the nature of one's character build.
To be honest, I think I've probably gimped my Cleric somewhat in the early game by spreading some points a little too liberally, instead of pumping individual stats and going for a specific faith oriented build. As a result of mid-game increasing mostly vitality and endurance, my playstyle is leaning towards a Cleric/Knight tanking hybrid, heavy on defense, with some miracle casting ability on the side. Probably not ideal, but it's been jolly fun so far.

As to the first Firelink spoiler in the previous post - I've found the creature you mention (it's hard to miss the dark outline from distance) yet haven't been able to figure out how to make use of it as yet so to speak.

Made a little more progress:
The adventure within the Duke's Archives was an arduous one, with some sneaky snipery enemy locations. Got to watch out for those Channeler melee attacks as well; quite brutal. Moving too quickly in here can be hazardous actually.
But I managed to make it to the second bonfire and link up the short-cut, leading to the Crystal Caves.

I found moving around in this location extremely awkward indeed; but managed to finally get to the encounter with Seath the Scaleless. I died the first time miserably and cursed, but rebounded quickly, refitted with the cursebite ring and my holy robes again to assist with rolling movement away from the breath weapon. Thankfully, he is weak to my current weapon and going in double handed at the right moments in combination with my blackbombs worked wonders.
Another really memorable and quite beautiful looking encounter.

Where to next? Hmm. Not sure I want to go back to Four Kings just yet. I can't warp to any Blighttown bonfires, so maybe another visit down below is in order, with potentially a small peek at the Demon Ruins.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards