View Single Post

January 27th, 2013, 00:50
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
I remember Gothic being prone to crashing and it was so easy to forget to save (as I found it very immersive - if that's a word) that I lost several hours of gameplay at a time…

I never played DivDiv as I had a Diablo overdose after playing DII for a year and a bit.

I still have to play Risen, but I don't have enough continuous time to do it.
Risen is good. I enjoyed playing the Xbox 360 version and it was my first Piranha Bytes game. It had some good ideas in it. I liked how the quests were done, and it felt really immersive like you were actually on an island that was very dangerous. You never knew what was around the next corner and it had a great sense of exploration. Definitely want to go back and finish that game as I kind of left it hanging when Skyrim came out.

Also, Diablo 2 is great, but Divine Divinity is just as good I think. DivDiv is not as loot heavy as a Diablo, but it does have plenty of loot. It has a ton of side quests and they are pretty fun to complete. Didn't get too far in the story but from what I saw so far, it was good. It has a nice sense of exploration too. And the trading/bartering system. Oh man, I love it. I'm such a nerd but the trading system is one of the best parts of the game. It's just a lot of fun trading things with nearly everyone you meet.

Definitely would recommend you try Divine Divinity. It still holds up today IMO as a very good game.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team