View Single Post

January 28th, 2013, 09:41
We're happy to hear you find our upcoming adjustable camera angle feature a good addition.

Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yep, I soon lost interest in Ultima VII precisely because of the camera angle. You don't get a good sense of the surroundings and it feels like you're constantly working your way out of a box.
True, the camera angle in Ultima VII is quite terrible, even though I really like the game otherwise. But my brain adjusted to it soon enough, it's weird how it can do that.

Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
@anne.monkkonen

Having confirmed the engine is in fact 3D capable, what would be the limitations or implications in applying an 'isometric' tilt instead of a 'square' 90 degree oriented tilt? - have you tried this, just curious.
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
It was explained elsewhere that changing the angle by more than they have would have serious repercussions on all the artwork. Being a very small team, I assume the costs associated with altering art, not to mention the time it would take limits what they can do.
With the way our characters are currently built, it's possible to go a bit further down still than shown in this screenshot. That means the maximum adjustment for the camera angle will probably be a bit more than in this particular screenshot. Our characters are not completely 3D (although the new characters appear much more three-dimensional than our current ones), they're made from cleverly positioned and layered sprites - a bit like in Aquaria, if you've ever played that indie gem.

Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
Me three! I find the new angle more appealing

Anne, I think you should work this addition into the trailer as well. I suspect it will garner more interest.
Yes, we'll definitely make a new trailer soon, and it will show of the new tilted camera angle!

Oh, and in case you haven't read it somewhere yet, the camera angle will be fully and easily adjustable while playing (probably with Page Up & Page Down), not just from the game settings.

Traveler