View Single Post

January 28th, 2013, 17:40
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
Thanks ville, sorry if tilt came across in my question more than rotation.

To further enquire -> if the angle is not tilted any further than as you have planned and explained, yet the landscape orientation viewpoint is "swivelled" on axis to an isometric view (keeping the same tilt) surely the character sprites would appear the same.

I am *not* talking about changing the angle further as Corwin mentions, just the rotation, something similar to the Spiderweb games, isometric with square-on view menu's, maps etc'
Ah yes, now I get what you mean. There is no technical reason why the camera couldn't turn around freely, even follow the player's back. But our current plan is to keep the camera pointed North, that way we can more freely position objects and items so that they aren't suddenly blocked by a large table for example. Rest assured, most buildings in Driftmoon aren't stuck to a South-North axis like the one in the screenshot. In fact, I might even change that one right now.

I'm very glad to see all the positive feedback about our viewport change! We're doubly motivated to get a new version out soon.

Traveler