View Single Post

January 30th, 2013, 19:28
For what it's worth, I'd also put Borderlands 2 into the best three or so games of 2012, but it is not a game that most people of the Watch would consider as a clearly defined RPG (I know, I know, I don't want to start the "what is a true RPG" discussion, God forbid). It is a hilariously funny, well-paced, visually unique first person shooter with a skill tree, NPCs that give out quests (usually to provide a pretext for murdering things), and tons of really useful and varied loot.

Many RPG elements, yet, I'm not sure.

It is my considerate opinion that the NPC texts are very well written. The game also does not take itself very seriously, and it is made clear from the first moment. That alone, for me, was a great change from usual AAA titles where the pretense of being all-important is constantly in your face. BL2 has tons of content (good one, not filler), too.

So, all in all, I honestly recommend it unless you are really put off by shooters. I especially consider the gameplay value of the co-operative as vast, and though unlike the first BL, this one is completely viable as a single player game, it is ten times more fun with buddies.

Soulbane

Seeker of knowledge